Our Current Vacancies
Emergency Response Drivers
Response Services Group UK Ltd is an established, professional and energetic ambulance service; regulated by the Care Quality Commission; who responds to a dynamic range of situations and roles throughout the UK. Based in Barnsley South Yorkshire we operate throughout the Yorkshire and rest of the UK areas.
We are an extremely busy service, operating 24/7 365, currently providing services to a variety of clients. This particular role is to provide support to the National Health Service Transport for Transplant services, with some work on our Secure Transport Service as a Response Driver.
Due to retirement and further demand, we are recruiting for 3 additional drivers to join our response driver team.
The role of Emergency Response Driver is only for the South Yorkshire/West Yorkshire areas. Ideal Candidates need to reside in – Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster (30 min max from Barnsley) Wakefield and Huddersfield areas (Huddersfield being the limit).
Unfortunately, anyone who lives out with these areas will be automatically disqualified from the application process; Please be aware of this prior to making an application.
We are only recruiting Drivers with the relevant experience and skills at this time. If you meet the criteria, please apply using the link provided with our application form. Use this to be considered for this role only.
Immediate starts are available for there right candidates.
We are now actively recruiting on call Response Drivers who will work on a rotating shift pattern, with the ability to respond to transport requests at any time whilst on call. The actual requirements will be discussed with the successful candidate at time of interview.
This is a very rewarding role and one where you will be making a formidable difference in the chain of survival for patients awaiting organ transplants. Response Services Group UK Ltd takes pride in the work in which we do and therefore want only the very best in drivers.
This role involves working on an on-call basis, from your home, using one of our fully marked ambulance response cars (currently BMW 3 Series car), with all vehicle expenses paid by the company. When contacted by a dedicated control room you will deploy to collect specialist nursing staff, bloods, organs and tissues for transportation from one location to another.
Due to the nature of this role a great deal of flexibility is required however you are rewarded with the satisfaction of knowing you have played a vital part in potentially saving lives.
You will be required to work on a rotating shift pattern which includes working weekends, nights and bank holidays, however this may be adapted to suit the right candidate. You will be required to live within the South Yorkshire areas and respond from such areas as the job requires.
Once you receive a call to deploy you will have a limited time and must be available to respond immediately.
This role may ideally suit retired or semi-retired emergency service personnel. You must be dedicated and have a flexible approach to work. It is an on-call job whereby you will respond to the deployment and that may involve up to and very occasionally in excess of twelve hours on one job. Driver hours are monitored to give staff sufficient rest periods between deployments.
• You must have been a full UK manual driving licence holder for over two years, be over 25 years of age and have no more than three penalty points endorsed on your licence for our insurance requirements. You must have no previous driving convictions for offences relating to drink, drugs or insurance matters.
• You must have a current or are willing to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) records check.
• Your driving experience must be within the last five years; If over this time period potentially we will be unable to vet the person. Contractual requirements need response drivers to be current with their respective emergency response qualifications and have up to date experience.
It is desirable to have held a recognised blue light driving qualification. Any other blue light or emergency driving training will be considered on its own merits.
A full driving and blue light driving assessment will be undertaken by successful candidates.
Two employment references will be required, and work history checks may be completed due to the sensitive nature of this job.
PAY & CONDITIONS:
• Rate of pay is £10 per hour whilst deployed on any job
• Paid from leaving home to return.
• After 12 hours you are paid at an enhanced rate.
• Modern up to date Uniform is provided
• Company induction
• Additional Driver training – If required
• Up to date medical training provided
• Regular CPD
Callouts will be paid a minimum of 2 hours but will be up to 12 hours most days depending on operational requirements. The post holder will be expected to work a mixture of days, nights, weekdays and weekends on a rotational basis. Some jobs can take longer than 12 hours so please be aware of this before applying.
Due to the structure of the company, Transplant drivers will be expected to step in and provide driver cover for our Secure Mental Health Transport service.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service. You should have the ability to work well under pressure, as part of a team or unsupervised. You will be committed to ongoing training and assessment to maintain competency in all skills.
Essential skills and experience required:
• Current nationally recognised blue light/emergency response driver qualification. (2 years post qualification emergency driving experience) – Proof will be required including certification.
• Must be proficient and have knowledge in the application of all safety and legal exemptions that are involved in using emergency lights and siren under emergency conditions. (Essential)
• Be proficient in driving response vehicles at speed.
• Be proficient in using and operating digital radios.
• Being honest, transparent and protecting the company in all its endeavours.
• Current manual UK driving licence held for a minimum of 5 years with no more than 3 penalty points (Essential)
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (Essential)
• Be over the age of 25 for insurance purposes.
• Up to date DBS – with update service (however can be applied for)
• Current First Aid at Work or higher medical qualifications (FREC, FPOS etc).
• Advanced Driving Qualifications
• DBS Update – Current and in date (immediate starts available)
Does this sound like you?... If the answer is yes, please respond with the application form (link attached to messages) detailing why you feel you will be suitable for this role and your availability for interview.
Suitable applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview in due course.
We are hoping to start interviewing week commencing Monday 13th January 2020 with potential start dates around 20th January 2020.
Please note: If you wish to work for Response Services Group UK Ltd, you will need to provide a satisfactory CRB/DBS check (we can arrange this check for you after a successful interview and induction); this will be at a cost of £66.50, which needs to be paid for prior to starting employment with Response Services group UK. You will also need to be prepared to study and attend our training courses as all staff are required to maintain a CPD within the business.
This role has been advertised to offer suitable employment to any individuals who meet the criteria and feel the role is suitable to themselves. We would ask that any comments about pay, conditions and any other negative comments please be Private Messaged.